Architecture by Jim Denno, LLC offers a variety of custom residential designs that includes beachfront properties. We work closely with our clients to ensure that every step of the process from vision to reality is a satisfying experience. Our experience and knowledge encompasses:
. “Green” Design
• Commercial . FEMA and Coastal Regulations
• Condominium Interior . Handicapped Accessibility Standards
Focusing on Residential Homes, count on us to provide expert leadership and comprehensive support during all phases of your project.
In addition to all the services you would expect from an architectural firm, Jim Denno Design also focuses on restoration, renovations and private beachfront estates.
Below is partial listing of our services:
PHASE 1: Preliminary:
In the Preliminary Phase we will review all the factors influencing the property and house, study internal and external flow patterns, develop project needs and present design solutions.
1. Photograph existing house and property.
2. Confirm measurements of existing structure.
3. Confirm or secure Class A-2 survey (from owner, at
4. Make on-site observations of existing conditions.
5. Determine sun, wind and view orientation.
6. Review conformance with codes and zoning regulations.
1. Record of existing conditions
2. Sketch Site Plan
3. Sketch Floor Plans, Elevations, and Perspectives
4. Budget estimate (based on square foot costs)
PHASE 2: Contract Documents:
In the Contract Document Phase the concept developed and approved in the Preliminary Phase will be translated into the technical “working” drawings and specifications required for:
1. A thorough explanation of the project to the owner,
2. Submittal to general contractors to prepare accurate costs for proj.
3. The establishment of the construction contract,
4. The Building Department approval to proceed with the construction.
5. Surveys and Permits
Complete working drawings and specifications:
1. Site Plan (A-2 provided by owner)
2. Demolition Plans
3. Foundation Plan
4. Floor Plans
5. Four Elevations
6. Building Sections
7. Window, Door and Room Finish Schedules
8. Roof Framing Plan (if needed)
9. Electrical Plans
All Construction Documents will be sealed by a licensed engineer (if needed). The design of the house will also comply with state and local building and energy codes (Mecheck). The Designer will distribute the documents to general contractors, make explanations and clarification as required; receive and analyze costs and construction contract with the owner, and administrate the negotiation period.
PHASE 3: Administration and Project Design Supervision:
During the construction period the Designer or his representative will make on-site inspections as required to determine the quality and progress of the work and conformance to the Design/Construction Specifications.
PHASE 4: Construction Services:
Would you like to discuss your specific needs?
Please contact us at 203 882-8755.